The IIS is made up of a diverse team of professionals: lecturers, study advisers, tutors, programme coordinators and developers, and a secretariat. Besides its permanent staff, the institute regularly works with colleagues in other faculties and with guest lecturers external to the UvA. These exchanges and the combination of implementation and development tasks is key to the success of the institute. Staff are often involved with several different projects, which benefits their professional and personal development and contributes to a stimulating working and learning environment.
The Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies has international partners and is a member of the Association for Interdisciplinary Studies (AIS), of which IIS lecturer Machiel Keestra is a board member. The IIS is also a co-founder of the International Network for Interdisciplinarity and Transdisciplinarity.
The IIS Advisory Board is made up of the following members:
- Ms L. Brasz: Secretary to the administration of the Amsterdam-North Urban District
- Prof. H. O. Dijstelbloem: Professor of Philosophy of Science and Politics at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and Senior Research Fellow at the Netherlands Scientific Council for Government Policy (WRR)
- Ms G. M. van Heteren: Global Health Initiative at Erasmus University and the Institute for Social Studies/Erasmus The Hague
- Prof. Vincent Icke: Professor cosmology at the University of Amsterdam and professor theoretical astronomy at the University of Leiden
- Prof. E. P. J. van den Heuvel: Emeritus professor in astronomy, UvA
- Prof. George C. Molenkamp: KPMG Sustainability Advisory Board
- Dr. Sijbolt Noorda former director VSNU, former member Exectutive Board UvA
The latest annual reports are only available in Dutch. Visit the Dutch website of the Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies.