Call for Proposals IIS grant new assessment methods
Develop a new assessment method with an IIS grant
Are you planning to try out new methods of assessment and testing, or have you already begun doing so? Are your students learning all manner of skills, while you have yet to find a satisfactory way to evaluate their development? Do you want to assess a new learning objective and are you looking for the best way to do this? If any of this applies to you, these funds from the Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies (IIS) could offer you the chance to put your ideas into action.
The grants will be made available for courses scheduled to begin in semester 1 of the 2018/2019 academic year. Seven grants have previously been awarded. The duration of the pilots will be at least six months, up to a maximum of twelve months. Pilots may begin four months before the start of the course in question. A maximum of 80 hours is available for each grant; the precise duration will depend on the proposal submitted. These hours will be in addition to the hours already assigned for this course. A maximum of 12 applications will be awarded grants; this total includes all semesters and all UvA faculties.
For whom are the grants intended?
- You are a lecturer or team of lecturers who teach one or more courses at the UvA and are responsible for the testing and assessment of your course;
- You feel that involvement in educational innovation is an interesting opportunity;
- You are prepared to share your own knowledge and inspire others;
- You hold a position at the UvA for at least 0.5 FTE, which will last (at minimum) for the duration of the pilot;
- Your supervisor has granted you permission to invest work hours in this project.
The deadline for submitting project applications for the first semester of the 2018/2019 academic year is Thursday 17 May. After this deadline, at least one more deadline will follow for the second semester of 2018-2019. Please use the application form found here to submit your grant request.